Saturday, October 10, 2009

3 months




Today was the 3rd month anniversary of the first brain surgery (is it weird to call it an anniversary?) Jill and I ran the Solstice mountain trail 10K run. Jill was also the honorary starter for the race. We had a blast! Alexis and Danielle joined us in our quest to cover the 6.2 miles (10K for you Tom) along some of the most beautiful single track trails in Flagstaff. It was so inspiring to see Jill cross the finish line a mere 3 months after two brain surgeries, and 6 weeks of chemo and radiation. How's this for inspiration? She signed up for the Big Sur marathon (get a map Tom) next April. I'm really proud of her.

6 comments:

  1. Of the hundreds of photos I've gone through, the one of the three of us is my fave. Who took it? Congrats to both of you!!!! Best, Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the term “awesome” wasn’t so ubiquitously used in our vernacular these days. But that’s really the only way to respond to this. These accomplishments are indeed awesome!

    Jan and Jose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I'm still amazed by what you have accomplished. I'm leaving Wednesday for three and a half weeks in Europe and I am concerned about everything going all right with my trip. When I think of your success and consummate strength, I am a bit ashamed of my fears. All the best to you both.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Jill! All of you runners are great inspirations. Thanks for this update on your blogsite, Rob and Jill. We are so proud of you. Sending you love and hugs, Mom/Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Jill and Rob!

    You are indeed an inspiration to many. I like your city and am happy to hear that you were able to run in that beautiful race. Good luck with the marathon.

    ReplyDelete