Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day



Monday we got hit with a nice storm dumping 28 inches of snow on the ground. The awesomeness of the winters first storm forced me to take the next day off from work so we could go out and play. We headed out to Schultz trailhead (get a map) pointed to the top of the nearest mountain and headed up. The sky was a brilliant blue which contrasted beautifully against the pure white snow. Leo was literally in over his head and had to bound like a hyperactive rabbit which wore him out. We were the first ones out and were breaking trail up the side of the mountain to an overlook at about 8,500 feet with an amazing view of the city.
Jill continues to fight the fight with a positive attitude which has translated into a more energy, healthy appetite, iron stomach, and the continued annihilation of Mr. Oligoastrocytoma.
We're going to be staying in Flagstaff for Christmas then heading off to San Diego over New Year's for my Great Aunt Lorraine's 90th birthday.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's a happy husky!! You should strap him to a sled and have him tow things around. Like me, for example. I want to come play in the snow!!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you both having fun in the snow. I've already been skiing and snowshoeing and I love it. Hope those two Mount Washington hats I sent will inspire you to come play in our snow someday!!
    Alix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures. It looks like Jill is having fun with Leo in the snow. We went to a Christmas boat parade tonight here in Boca. The weather was a cool 60 degrees so we all pulled out our winter sweaters! We hope that you have a fabulous Christmas in your beautiful Flagstaff and that you enjoy your aunt's birthday party. Please give Frank and Barb hugs for us. I know that they are looking forward to their time with you.

    Linda & Dixon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Johanna. I live here in Flagstaff and was told about you by a neighbor of yours. I was also diagnosed with an oligoastrocytoma, right around the same time as you. My website is at www.caringbridge.org/visit/johannalynne. My email address is on there. Let me know if you ever want to chat.

    ReplyDelete