Sunday, July 12, 2009

10:15 PM Sunday

This blog will be me tracking how Jill is doing during her treatment and recovery. It's going to have my thoughts, Jill's thoughts, and hopefully everyone will post their thoughts. Some might be long boring posts of me rambling on, others might be brief posts about what she's having for dinner or how many laps she's doing around the nurses station.
Jill is falling asleep. She had a rough couple of hours as what has happened is starting to sink in. "It's not fair" "Why is this happening" "Am I going to die" The usual in-between brain surgery questions. This is one of the hardest parts. I'm trying to support her the best I can but it's hard when I'm asking the same questions.
She's awake now and playing with the bed. There a billion buttons that make the bed rise and fall spin around and do flips. The nurse is back giving more IV's. Her attitude has been up and down based on the medication, her pain, and how much she is thinking about what is going on. Tomorrow will be more of the same.
I'm going to do a few more posts, then head off to get some much needed sleep.
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment