Saturday, July 18, 2009

Your Support


Jill and I just finished reading the entire blog and all of the comments and are both feeling really loved. I'd cry if I could but I've run out of tears from this last week.

Our dear friend Alissa sent me this email to help coordinate support:

"Hello friends and family of Rob and Jill.

So many of you have offered to help and I am setting up a list so we can have all of this information in one place, easy to access. Please email your name, phone number and what ways you'd be able to help (meals, errands, housework, transportation, companionship, dog care...), plus anything else I should know (like if it's much better to reach you by phone, etc.) Oh- if you're down in Phoenix rather than Flagstaff, please let me know that as well. With all this data in a spreadsheet we should be able to help out whenever Rob and Jill need us!

My email: thelissybug@gmail.com

I will send out an email or call when we find a need.

Thank you!

Alissa Marquess"

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you both. Please, please utilize the helper spreadsheet!

    James, Amy, Hannah, and Libbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We are here to help out in any way. Lots of Love.

    Katie and Victor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, leave for a few weeks and look what happens to the neighborhood??

    Jill, I could feel your strength and determination that first day when you and Rob came over as I was battling the weeds in the front yard (and every day since that I have been battling those same weeds!). I could see it in the way you looked through the hard work ahead of you in your house to a beautiful and comfortable home, and through the boundless love between you and Rob, and especially in your laugh--strong, proud, and genuine.

    Trade that strong laugh of yours for a roar--I want to hear you roar all the way at my house with the stereo up loud and the christian rock music blaring from Bushmaster Park on a Sunday afternoon. You are awesome and strong and you will come out of this roaring, laughing, running, and smiling. I am and will be so proud to call you a neighbor, a friend, and a personal hero. We are here--just a stone's throw away.

    Marguerite and Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob & Jill-

    You have some great people in your life! I love Alyssa's spreadsheet idea. "The spreadsheet of universal support" or maybe "the spreadsheet of love". ;)

    Continued love, prayers and support sent your way from Oregon.
    Love,
    Melissa, Blake, Sydney and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill and Rob,
    You are both amazing - showing such strength and love. Nothing will ever be this difficult and you will live your life with a whole new appreciation. I know that you are surrounded by many friends and family that will help get you through this. So much to be happy for.
    I'm sending lots of healing energy to you. Hang in there.
    Sarah
    (Laura Hoffman's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jilly, you are amazing! Your eyes show the hornet's determination and your pure love...Think of the stories you can tell (or make up) about the scar! CMF, I am so impressed (though not surprised) with your positive attitude. The love between you and Jilly is beautiful!

    Make sure to take advantage of my offered housecleaning services and dirty up the house as much as possible!

    Sending paz y helado de soya a ti,
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete