Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pre-Op Speech Test



I was going to post this before she went into surgery but stupid Paradise Bakery's internet connection wouldn't let me (their espresso sucks too)

The speech tereapist is now giving her a pre-op speech test to estabilish a baseline and will take about 1 hour. I was ordered to go relax and get some coffee. I'm now drinking a crappy shot of espresso from Paradise Bakery and Cafe; I think I would've been better off with the hospital coffee. Jill's speech in normal conversation is pretty good, however she struggles with finding the right words when asked directly. Point to a chair and she knows what it is, but can't find the right name. This occurs with just about anything. I asked her what was in the fruit salad she had for lunch and her answer was "lots of fruit". But then I asked her if she liked the blackberries and she said they were too tart (I tasted one and she was right). She's accepted the fact that she will need speech therapy after all of this and i'm hoping that it's the only therapy she'll need. Ughhh, this coffee is bad.

2 comments:

  1. Bad coffee is bad news. There's a great coffee purveyor in my office but he stopped bringing the good stuff. ;) Maybe when things get squared away we can remedy that.

    I hope all she will need is some speech therapy too. Whatever she needs, we'll be pitching in to lend a hand to help out with all the patience in the world while we do it. She's got a sharp mind and it's sure to make a very quick recovery. No doubt about it.

    We are thinking of you both.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep thinking of you both! I don't know, if you asked Blake, he'd say I need a bit of speech therapy myself.."you know..that thing over there!"

    We're pulling for you both!

    Love
    Melissa, Blake, Sydney & Hannah

    ReplyDelete